Saturday, August 22, 2015

Merci Dogwood




This week, I'm competing in the CCNS Challenge #98, a color challenge. For my last attempt, I used all 5 colors, which was harder than I thought it would be, looking at the inspiration photo, which went so easily together. Turns out, it is very hard to get patterned papers to go together when they are not part of a set. I'm beginning to see more of the logic of those "expensive" sets! I pulled out my MFT blueprints-13 set to cut the stitched rectangle panel and the top layer of the tag. (The two backers for the tag were just fussy cut.) On the tag, I had stamped my Hero Arts dogwood in Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush ink then sponged around it with Jim Holtz mowed lawn and bundled sage. The French thanks is a Memory box sentiment I die cut. On the panel itself, I started with washi tape in all five colors. The remainder of the white panel was background stamped with flowers by Judith in the same strawberry ink. I adhered it all to a green folder, and there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and such happy colors, too!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards n Such" for our color challenge!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I love the mix of dp's that you used. The dogwood blossom looks great in the strawberry slush color and the mowed lawn around it. Thanks for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. We have an new challenge out now and I hope you will join us for it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete