Saturday, August 1, 2015

Fall Blessings

My second thought for the CCNS #95 Colors and Patterns Challenge was to use the color inspiration in a fall theme, rather than the quilting patterns. I had just gotten a new background die -- Spellbinders Leaves A Fallin' -- at my very first scrap-booking expo last month, and I was itching to use it. First, I used a LOT of different Tim Holtz distress inks to make a fall ombre pattern, from which I cut the leaves overlay. I wanted the colors to pop, so I went with the chocolate background. My sentiment is from Stampin' Up, and was stamped using Versafine ink onto another background I had sponged with a mix of Tim Holtz inks. One scallop punch, one circle punch and some brown satin ribbon stolen from a friend, et voila!



Challenge I'm playing in: Classy Cards N Such CCNS#95 Colors and Patterns.

5 comments:

  1. Another beauty..love the background and the ombre effect!! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our Colors and Patterns challenge...hope to see you back next week for our "textures" challenge
    Diane CCNS DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is getting time for us to be thinking about fall - I love how you have made the gradient ombre card. Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I love the pretty colors on the black background. Thanks so much for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that background. Pretty card! Thanks for joining the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week. I hope you can come and play with us even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty leaf background. I love the shaded fall colors with the leaves, too! Thanks for joining our Classy Cards 'n Such weekly challenge this week. Hope you play along again soon.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete