Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Dandelion Joy


All three of my kids love dandelions, racing each other to find the best bouquet for mommy, and presenting their spoils to me as if they are the best thing in the world. I tried to capture that joy with my camera and my baby cakes. If you look closely, you can see she's surrounded by dandelions and has a full bucket.

When I saw this Quietfire Design stamped sentiment in a friend's collection, I could not resist turning the photo into a card. I stamped it with Jim Holtz mustard seed ink and distressed it with squeezed lemonade. I popped it up on a fishtail banner with Joy! foam pads.

I thought it would make a cute scene as if viewed from inside, so I used a Poppy stamps Grand Madison window over a chain link fence embossed panel in green. I then used punches from my stash to make the flowers and branches from some patterned yellow and green papers. The flowers were finished with either small pearls or orange "rock candy" embellishments.

This week, I'm competing in the CCNS Challenge #98, a color challenge, and the Citrus with a Twist challenge at Simon Says Monday (lemon and lime ahoy!).

5 comments:

  1. awww... super cute card, perfect scene for the window! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our "color" challenge!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome card! I always love the "window" cards, they are so inspiring as what you can "see" through the window. The colors are beautiful, and so apply to our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. Thanks for joining us.
    Mindy~ CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card and a great idea of adding your own picture in the window. Very creative. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I love the personal touch with the photo! Thanks for playing along with us at CCNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! I love Dandelions too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete