Saturday, August 1, 2015

Merci Tulip

My 3rd and final take on the CCNS #95 Colors and Patterns Challenge (what can I say? This one gave me a lot to think about...) combined both the colors and the patterns.

I had three green and peach patterned papers that I really liked but would never have combined until I saw the challenge photo. To this basis, I added a white lattice die cut overlay for visual interest and a Poppy Stamps tulip that I cut twice: once from Tim Holtz distress inked peach paper, and once from green distressed paper, which I obviously layered. I used a lighter green Tim Holtz sponged paper as the background for my sentiment, cut it with a Lawn Fawn stitched oval, and added my little "merci" die cut. I'm shocked how different these three cards turned out, from simple to very ornate (for me)!

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card..love that lattice background...it was a fun inspiration challenge wasn't it? Thank you so very much for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little stitched oval and your die cut overlay makes a lovely card! Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card. I love the lattice overlay, it looks so elegant. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You card is so pretty! Thank you so much for taking part of the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your cards submitted for our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such were just beautiful! You are correct, they were each so different, thanks again for joining us this week.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete