Friday, August 14, 2015

Hoppy Birthday



This week at Classy Cards N Such there's a very cute challenge photo (CCNS Challenge #97). My second take is a bit more involved than the first:

As I  mentioned, my kids are all about bunnies since we saw them at a local lavender festival in the spring of 2014. So I borrowed a little bit of that farm vibe with the Poppy Stamps mini garden cart, which I made from a finger-painted blue I stole from my baby girl, sponged brown for the handle, and shiny black from a stamp insert for the bands and wheel. That great blue color also drove the folder I used.


This time I embossed the bricks on a white background and added more layers of Impression Obsession (IO) grasses, some popped up with Joy! foam pads, so my IO bunnies could hop in and out. The bunnies are watercolored (one) or dry brushed onto bumpy watercolor paper (two). The leaping one is also popped up to add to his motion. I tried to recreate the ivy feel from the inspiration photo with a bunch of overlapping Penny Black leaflets then some sponging with Tim Holtz distress inks. Finally, I added my sentiment (thank goodness the clear stamp and brick pattern helped me get it straight -- I always worry about stamping directly onto the card after I am so invested...

I'm also playing in the Simon Says Monday Homegrown Summer Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful! Love those cute bunnies. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun bunny card for our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. I love the jumping and sitting bunnies, and your dimensional greenery. Very beautiful detailed card. Thanks for joining in, again.
    Mindy CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cute. I love the sweet bunnies playing in and around the cute wagon. A very happy scene. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. I hope you will join us next week. I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the PB leaflets hanging down!

    ReplyDelete