Friday, September 11, 2015

Comfort from Friends



Awhile back I bought this poppy die from Memory box, and I have had far too many opportunities to use it already. (And please pray for my friends Rick and Bill, who are fighting hard themselves.)  That said, I pulled this card together pretty quickly I thought. The poppies were cut from paper I had sponged in a mix of brown and red Tim Holtz distress inks. To create visual interest and tie my colors together, I adhered these to a strip of pretty striped paper, which in turn was glued to an embossed chocolate layer over my white folder. The sentiment and chocolate ink were both from Stampin' Up!, which I die cut from  our daily bread designs ODBD lacy squares. Then I distressed the edges with tea dye and popped it up using small Joy! foam pads. Last, I added a few clear dewdrops.

This week I'm competing in:
ODBDSLC253 Color Challenge
Simon Says Wednesday Stamptember Challenge
Simon Says Monday Stamp and Punch/Die Cut Challenge
 

3 comments:

  1. So thankful that you were able to create this beauty for your friends and I am sure that it will bring comfort to your friends. Thanks for playing along with us at the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friends will so appreciate your card and thoughtfulness. It is such a blessing to send comforting thoughts through our cards to friends and family!! That is such a beautiful sentiment. The poppies compliment it beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete