Sunday, February 22, 2015

Monochrome Valentine


So when I saw this week's challenge at CASology, Monochrome, I knew one of my unused ideas from last week was just the right game to play, so I started experimenting. I must say, the monochrome makes it seem a bit "flat" to me, but...I enjoyed playing with my toys.

It was my first foray into Washi tape -- not as sticky or "thick" as I would like -- not impressed, but there are so many more patterns than ribbon from Michael's! I added baker's twine for a little more flair. I had originally used an embossed panel, but the tape just wouldn't stay stuck. I preferred that other look though.

For the sentiment, I stamped it at a friend's house (and thus don't know the collection), then die cut it with Spellbinders scalloped hearts at home. I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink Barn Door then popped it up with foam.

2 comments:

  1. I love how this feels like a gift! Not flat at all - just perfectly appropriate for Valentine's day! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, love that washi pattern. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete