Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Welcome to the Neighborhood card

Welcome to the Neighborhood

For this card I obviously started with a layout from the challenge, but from there I was free to play. I had a new to me Stampin' Up set with all these cute little house and tree parts, but had previously had no idea about how I intended to use them. And suddenly I have a new neighbor moving in, so voila!

I learned a few lessons in lining up the parts (and for the record need to look up a video on how to use the Stampamajig, which was wholly ineffective in my hands!). And for the color scheme, I was trying to make a more masculine card as a mini-challenge to myself, since they all seem to end up a bit girly despite my tomboy self!

After stamping the card, I water-colored the sky and field elements using Tim Holtz (H is for Holtz! challenge) distress inks and water.  When that dried, I stamped the white clouds on, which I subsequently clear embossed. From there, I found the cute little Welcome sign and fussy cut it to simulate a street sign, then popped it up with foam.



I also added a meaningful sentiment to the inside and punched it out.


i hope my new neighbors like it, and that y'all do too!

Challenges I am competing in:

CAS(E) this Sketch #108


Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge: H is for ...



3 comments:

  1. A great way to say welcome!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch! I love the sweet scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining our "H" Challenge this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. You did a great job with that masculine card. Very nice!
    Thanks again,
    Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete