Monday, February 2, 2015

CASology "Birthday" Challenge

Have Cake If You Wanna! 




I had a new birthday script die (Memory Box dies) that I wanted to play with, and a bestie with a pending birthday in March, when the CASology Birthday Challenge came up, so this seemed the time... 

I cut some sea green (reminds me of our past trips together to the shore) paper full of loving words from my Valentine's stash.  You, and she, will have to take my word for that -- I failed to see how thin the die was until I used it. Now the letters add interest, not meaning. Sad. Anyway, she's a pink kind of girl (I'm not), so I dove into my hot pink textured paper for both the panel and the cupcake punchout and added a ribbon with dark and light pink swirls to tone it down a bit. The cupcake is stamped in white ink then clear embossed. I also stamped part of another stamp to get the hot pink "it's your" for a font contrast.  Inside, I added my sentiment: Have Cake if you Wanna! to continue the theme from the front, and to play off my friend's well-known love of all things sugar.

I knew I enjoyed crafting and liked pretty stationery, but there has been a surprise in all this for me.  I'm really having fun in this brand new hobby tailoring my cards to things meaningful to the recipient or to our relationship. I've always liked snail mail, but thought I wasn't sentimental when I didn't like store-bought cards. Now I know it was just that the sentiment was wrong. Love to my friend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colourblocked background on this - it gives your card a very modern feel! And you've hit the nail on the head with the best part of this very addictive hobby! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEautiful card, love the bright pink. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete