Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Love Over and Beyond Card

For today's card, I was playing again with the Valentine's/heart theme. Of course, the season is upon us, but in addition, my Mom was a pediatric cardiologist, so hearts have always held a special place for me. I digress; back to my card...

I had die cut several different colors (textured violet, patterned lavender and plain red cardstock) and sizes of hearts at a friend's house (Our Daily Bread Design dies???), which looked like they would make nice balloons. I liked the metaphor of love taking us up, up, and away. I used a heart embossed panel to start, then popped the mini hearts up with foam squares and attached baker's twine and knotted them together to turn them into a balloon bouquet. I've really been enjoying my large word die, "Love." I cut it out of red foil for shimmer and interest, and stacked 4 layers to give it added dimension to match the balloons.


Challenge I'm playing: Simon Says Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. How very charming and sweet! Love the use of dies, twines and embossed background! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete