Thursday, January 22, 2015


CAS Moroccan Love Card


 

It's a day of firsts: my first solo card, my first blog, and my first ever online or contest entry.
I was inspired by the upcoming Valentine's Day, but wanted to avoid the typical red and pink
color schemes. Sadly, I learned the hard way that purples do not photograph well.

That aside, here's how I did it: First, I die cut the hearts using both Our Daily Bread Designs and and My Favorite Things heart dies borrowed from a friend. I used some textured and some designer scrapbook paper. I sponged several blue and purple inks together to add depth to my panel then adhered the hearts. I embossed my large panel with a Moroccan-inspired folder to add texture and interest. Finally, I die cut 4 copies of my "Love" from Little B "Handwritten" die set, stacked them, and voila! My first attempt without my training wheels (Thanks, D!).

Thanks for letting me play along with the CAS(e) this Sketch #106 challenge.




2 comments:

  1. So nice!! I really like the stacking of the LOVE and the textured look of the dark purple hearts! :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete