Monday, January 26, 2015

Honeybee Thanks

Honeybee Thanks

For this card, I was playing with my fun new hexagon shaped dies, punch, and embosser. Actually, I had borrowed a hexagon border die from a friend with an idea in mind, but as I played with the layout, that piece did not survive. Ironic that the inspiration didn't fit. Shows what I know! But I do know I love all things French country, and for me that includes bees, so here it is...



I tried something new on this card: I framed every element in black to add pop and definition.  I wanted to tie in a bit of the yellow from the bees and evoke a honeycomb without even more hexagons, so I added the polkadot panel. The layout was suggested by a new challenge I'm undertaking: CAS(e) this Sketch #107.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the combination of the embossing folder with the hexagons you used to frame the bees! Also a very good idea to tie in that yellow, really brings things together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the encouragement. I know they're really simple, but I am having a blast both doing them, and trying out a new comfort zone: blogging, competing, and being held accountable! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete