Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Cherry Thankfulness

Cherry Thankfulness


Today I am playing along for the first time at Classy Cards N Such (CCNS81) at the behest of a friend with lots more experience! Their concept this week was cherry or dogwood blossoms, and given the sight and fragrance of cherries all around right now here in DC, I took that path. My other inspiration was a color combo I saw while stuck watching the Masters Golf Tournament with my hubby (can you say bored if all I noticed was the juxtaposition of spring green, deep blue and hot pink in the azeleas/sky?!). Thus was born my concept.

For my background, I sponged a combination of distress inks (peacock, salty ocean, faded jeans, dusty concord, pistachio and pine). I cut the Penny Black Dancing Blooms cherry stem twice in chocolate for thickness, and once in paper I had sponged spiced marmalade/pickled raspberry to get my cherry blossoms. I added my Stampin Up sentiment in Versamark, and picked it because I thought the concept of giving a receiving so nicely fit the cherry blossom, since ours here are all a gift from Japan. Then I added blue, green and clear rhinestones (which I'm sorry to say photographed as all dark). I cut my panel using the MFT Blueprints 13 stitched border die and adhered it to a matching chocolate base I made from paper in the same family as my cherry stem. Voila! I hope you like it.

Other Challenge I am playing in: Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Clean and Simple

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...so soft, pretty, peaceful...love it!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our Cherry Blossoms/Dogwood challenge...we welcome you back next week,too, where our challenge will be "Cloudy Day"!!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty. I am loving the beautiful background that showcases the lovely blossoms. I am glad you decided to join us. I hope you will play the next challenge with us, too. Thanks, for entering the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love your background. It makes the die cut just pop! Thanks for joining us in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! The background looks like a cloudy day with green hills in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is so beautiful, and really makes your blossoms POP! I love a good inked background, and the colors you used are so pretty. Thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards n' Such. Please join us again.
    Mindy~ CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Such a pretty background!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete