Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cloudy at Sea

Cloudy at Sea

The Cloud challenge (CCNS82) couldn't have come at a better time, as I had just purchased the nautical Impression Obsession Dies and some clouds, inspired by our April beach trip, but hadn't yet played with them. Here's what I came up with (sorry the picture is at such a rakish angle!):



Now that I have seen my friend's take on the same scene, I am decidedly less pleased with myself than I was when I created this... At any rate, the sky is sponged with salty ocean and tumbled glass over cloud masks, stamped with a sentiment from ODBD, and then I popped up clouds from both an Impression Obsessions set and a ODBD set. The ocean is made from torn strips of paper I had sponged with mostly peacock and salty ocean (lighter layer) or faded jeans, salty ocean and dusty concord (horizon layer). The island was torn from cappucino card stock over-sponged with tea dye. The lighthouse comes from the IO nautical set, which I punched from both black and white to get the striped. The lights were filled in with Stickles to give them texture and glow.

As a side note, while none of my designs has ever won, I found out this morning I did win a random drawing via one of my entries (April SHowers), so I'm taking that as a victory! Exciting!

I'm also playing in the scripture challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs.
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful nautical card with clouds and sea. I love your coloring and sentiment, and thank you for joining our challenge at Classy Cards n' Such this week. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will reap the rewards soon, you do such good work! Very inspiring. . . .
    Mindy~ CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful nautical creation, Kelly!! I just love that verse and the lighthouse is perfect with it!! Beautiful colors and coloring!! The clouds are a fun finishing touch to your scene. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you made it. I love this card and the nautical theme is awesome I like how you sponged the pretty colors to make the water and you did a fab job on the beautiful clouds. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge this week. I hope you will come back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the colors of the water and the popped up clouds above the clouds. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such this week. Hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card makes me want to go on a vacation to the ocean !!! You created a fun card and that scripture verse is so true and awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Masculine cards are hard - this is a great one!

    ReplyDelete