Thursday, October 15, 2015

Harvest Blessings

This is my third card this week for the  CCNS Challenge - #106 Colors of Fall -I used some of my "French" dies -- love that wheat -- to signify fall, harvest, and thanksgiving.


I started with a wheat stamp from Hero Arts, which I stamped repeatedly between inkings (Versafine brown) to get different shades. After giving it a bit of time to truly set, I spritzed my page with water and added a little Color burst lemon yellow to evoke the golden hues of harvest time. While that was drying, I cut my panel from MFT Blueprints 12, which is stitched at the top. I love that little detail. I added my sentiment from the Stampin Up Trust God set using Versamark and white embossing powder. I adhered the layers with Scor-Tape, as the watercolor layer in the middle was warped.

Next, I cut out my IO wheat die from paper I had colored with Holtz distress inks, and adhered it with a combo of glue (stems) and Joy! extra small foam pads (wheat fronds). Last, I added some bling with copper Stickles. Hope y'all like it!

1 comment:

  1. Love that wheat die! Perfect for fall! Thank you for playing along with CCNS and congrats on winning!!!

    ReplyDelete