Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Floral Fall Gratitude

This week for the  CCNS Challenge - #106 Colors of Fall - I went with another clean and simple design -- my personal preference. Of course it ended up a thank you -- as the mom of a young family, I find myself with a lot to be thankful for, and a whole team of people I need to thank early and often from Team Mom!

I started with a chocolate card base, then used Tim Holtz distress inks to make a fall oranges and golds panel. I ran that through with a Spellbinders floral background die. Next, I popped up (with Joy! foam pads) an embossed panel with flourishes that seemed to tie my floral backer and swirly sentiment together, plus add depth and visual interest. Finally, I added some orange bling (texture, pattern, color, shine isn't just "What to Wear!)... and I was done.




The inside seemed a little plain, so I die cut a flower out of it and added a tiny bit more bling...

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty, I love the background die. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee - love the flower die cut inside the card! Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCNS!

    ReplyDelete