Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mothers Always Hold Our Hearts

Mothers Always Hold Our Hearts


My mother would have just enjoyed her birthday, but she has been gone ten years now. I find that hard to believe, but I have been blessed with an angel of a MIL, so I am able to still enjoy spoiling someone for being a great Mom and Grandma.


The colors from the inspiration (ODBDSLC245 Challenge) were perfect -- she loves this color combo (though it is not at all me!)... I used dies from MFT Blueprints 12 and 13 to make the layers, plus squares from Spellbinders.  Despite not liking pink much, I loved the cheery nature of the cherry blossom paper from Graphic 45, and the subtle pink tones of the blossoms. I added some butterflies from my stash, which I adorned with my Viva Perlen Pen. Simple, but effective, I hope...

1 comment:

  1. I just love the sentiment on this card!! So beautiful!! Your use of the pinks and greens is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete