Saturday, May 30, 2015

Eagle Scout Daddy

While this is a very memorial day or July 4th type card, I actually am going for a father's day look for my beautiful, always prepared Eagle Scout of a man. But the riffs on the US flag made me grateful for all the men, and women, who serve and protect us every day. Mine makes sacrifices for his own family, and they make sacrifices for us all. I value both infinitely. In this time of life where I watch another mother figure move toward her heavenly home, I am keenly aware of life, death, and the importance of serving one another. Now on to the card...



The start to this card was actually the star panel, which was made using a Verve Christmas die that goes with a little nativity scene and which I recessed into a white panel from which I had cut other stars. I then used some red, white and blue papers from my stash to do a not quite literal flag, but the fun part was what came next.

The inspiration photo of Things 1, 2, and 3 was them on a fun ride at the beach, which I fussy cut then adhered to a panel cut with My Favorite Things (MFT) Fishtail banner (reminded me of stars and stripes bunting, no?) and sponged with Jim Holtz inks tumbled glass, faded jeans and salty ocean. The medallion background was also sponged thus. The result reminded me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, with them riding off to the sky in their little red car! The medallion and backer were die cut from MFT Blueprints-13 and the medallion sponged with pickled raspberry, barn door, fired brick and vintage photo. Both the banner and medallion were popped up with Joy! Foam pads for depth. This is the busiest card I have ever made, but I really enjoyed adding layer after layer.






I usually don't do much, or anything, with the insides of my cards, but this time I had the perfect stamp from prickly pear.com, which was stamped in Versafine Majestic blue ink. I used some leftover MFT Blueprints-13 stars from my sponged papers to frame it et voila!

I'm playing in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #86.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful in more ways than one. You have created a wonderful layout and added your family to make it even more special. Dad is going to love it. Thank you, Kelly, for joining us for the Classy Cards and Such challenge this week. I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a beautiful detailed card, Kelly. Your layers are fabulous, along with your personalized photo. Thank you for joining our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. Please join us again soon.
    Mindy~CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete