Saturday, May 23, 2015

Trust in God

Trust in God

How many times has this been true for you? I know in my life, that oftentimes it is only after I really give something to God, and stop trying to tailor the response I want to hear, that I get a clear answer, a straight and obvious path.


For the ODBD239 Inspiration Challenge, All Things Bright and Beautiful, I loved the blue and black butterfly from the first picture and the vibrant green hues I saw in several of the collage photos. I took a slightly more impressionistic route. I played with my Tim Holtz distress inks until I got the juxtaposition I liked between vibrant spring greenery and a brooding sky to suggest tough times, but also hope, to go along with my ODBD sentiment, embossed in Stampin Up white powder. The panel was cut using my favorite MFT Blueprints 13 stitched rectangle and adhered to a black folder. The fussy-cut butterfly was stamped in Versamark and embossed with black detail powder. Then I colored it in with a mix of Sakura gel pens and brushed the whole thing with my Wink of Stella glitter wand. I popped her up with Joy! foam pads to suggest flight. I added the whimsical, and "uplifting" pearls and voila -- a simple card done.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the background you created, the colours are gorgeous. And I love the butterfly too. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation!! I just love your fussy cut butterfly, your coloring with gel pens and your addition of glittery. A very vibrant and beautiful background. Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!

    ReplyDelete