Friday, July 17, 2015

Berry Thankful

I told you this CCNS #93 Summer Picnic challenge had me inspired (I even have one more idea that I haven't had time to create yet. Of course it will feature another mason jar!)...


This card actually started with the strawberries. Maybe my kitchen set this one off. I have them around constantly in season.  Strawberries are one of the few healthy foods I can get all my kids -- big, little, and grown hubby -- to eat. If you knew my crew, you'd know what a miracle that is. At any rate, for my card, I cut out small hearts from designer papers, and made stems from pieces of my curly tree from Impression Obsession. I then filled a small Impression Obsession basket, made from brown card stock and stripes of sponged paper (Jim Holtz barn door, fired brick, picked raspberry, and spiced marmalade).

I needed a picnic blanket, so I used the Our Daily Bread Design "lacy squares" to cut out some checkered paper (always gingham-inspired for us southern girls!), then popped up my basket with small Joy! foam pads on top of the blanket. All of this I put on a background that reminded me of strawberries, cut with the MFT blueprints 13 stitched rectangle. I added a kraft banner, stamped with my sentiment and added one more little strawberry from the background paper to finish it off. I hope you like it...

4 comments:

  1. I have to smile every time I see that stitched rectangle! :) Very clever on the stems - get as much as you can out of those dies, right? Thank you for playing with us at CCNS - twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, with those luscious strawberries. Clever creativity when you need something and don't have the correct die, use something you do have in your stash. Thank you so much for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our weekly challenge.
    Mindy~CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful card. Love the paper and the strawberries. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute summery card! I love the sentiment too. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete