Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Richly Blessed

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and while it's not my favorite holiday -- it allows for some of my favorite cards. I love the idea of being grateful. I personally keep a gratefulness journal to cheer me in sad times, and to even prevent them by forcing me to focus on the positive. Do you? Trust me, it's a great exercise.


At any rate, this card actually started at a MOPs crafting event where I found and cut to size this gorgeous orange paper. It isn't a color I use often - more a beach kind of girl - but I thought it was so pretty. Now I have found its use! I layered it behind a geometric die from Ellentina to create a simple yet elegant background. I stamped my Reverse Confetti Pumpkin Patch with Stampin' Up chocolate chip ink & used the matching dies to cut out the parts. I popped this up on a panel to bring in my last fall color, and tied it all together with green Queen& Co. dotties. 


This is part of the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #111 "Thankful"

2 comments:

  1. A very pretty card. I love the white overlay with the orange dp behind it. Thank you for playing the Classy Cards N Such challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you find a use for those pieces? Great card and great reminder to be thankful! Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete