Thursday, November 19, 2015

Blessed Creation

I was having fun with my Ken Oliver Colorburst lemon yellow, Alizarin Crimson and orange, testing the puffing method. I started with watercolor paper, wet it, then puffed, I like how it made both swirls and spots - kind of like a blustery fall day. I respritzed a couple of places to get more blending, but it was a pretty quick card, other than drying time.

The tree itself is that fun "naked" stamp from Judith, that you can dress any way you like. Looking at it again today, I am feeling a Charlie Brown Christmas version in its future! I stamped it in Tim Holtz vintage ink, allowing a bit of brown into my fall mix.  The sentiment from Hero Arts Animal Blessings stamp set was put onto a piece of "kraft" paper from a recycled shopping bag
 -- enviro-crafty Mom at work! I love it when things can serve multiple purposes and not get wasted, and can keep the earth cleaner too.

I'm participating in the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #111 "Thankful"

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, I am so loving the Ken Oliver color bursts, too. They are easy and make a card look fabulous. Thank you for joining the Classy Cards N Such challenge and sharing your beautiful card with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Perfectly paired with that Charlie Brown tree... can't wait to see you use it for Christmas! Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete